Pages

Thursday 25 January 2018

Summer learning journey




Day 5: Coming to an End


Activity 1: VE Day!
After six long years of fighting, World War II finally came to an end in 1945. The entire country
was ecstatic and parties were thrown all over New Zealand to celebrate VE Day (Victory in
Europe). Imagine that you were living in New Zealand in 1945 and you had to plan a VE
day party at your house. Who would you invite? What would you do to celebrate?

On your blog, tell us all about your (imaginary) VE party. If it was me, I would invite all of my
closest friends and family over to my house for a big barbecue. We would eat hamburgers
and play basketball in the driveway. Some of us would probably walk to the local beach to
play soccer on the beach and to go for a swim (if the weather was warm enough)!


I would invite my friends and family over to my party and I could make BBQ. After we eat e
very one will go to the pools after the pools we can go back to my house a relax and then ev
ery one goes home.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Diego,

    Thanks for telling us what you would love to do to celebrate your imaginary VE party. It sounds like a pretty popular thing for kids to want to host a BBQ, and then go swimming. It's almost typically Kiwi of us all. What games would you like to play?

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete