Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Winter learning Journey

Activity 1:  Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website☺.


1.The first man to climb mount everest was sir Edmund hillary.
2.The mori greeting is the hongi.
3.The weta cave was made by a famous New zealand film maker  Peter Jackson

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diego
    I like your activity and how you have given us 3 facts keep up the good work 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Diego,
    I love you 3 facts keep up the great work well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diego,

    I'm Jacinta and I'm so happy to be blogging with you through the Winter Learning Journey programme.

    Thank you for sharing your 3 interesting facts. I'm impressed that you learnt that the 'Hongi' is a Maori greeting. Have you ever tried using the Hongi to greet someone? I remember using the 'Hongi' at the Tepapapaa primary school assembly when they welcomed all the new student teachers to the school. It was nerve wracking because I wasn't sure if I had done the hongi properly but I learnt that it is only used during special occasions or when the Maori people are Welcoming their guests onto their land. What a thrilling experience!

    Keep up the good work Diego! You are doing so well!

    Jacinta





    ReplyDelete