Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week one Day 2

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]

The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island.
Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people
(including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to
live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy,
vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries, and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my
‘hometown.’

Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog,
describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.


I live in New Zealand, Auckland Saint John… (Sorry but that’s all I can write, safety rules)
I love where I live because it is on a tilt. Where I live is on a very very very very…


(1 minute later), a very steep hill like I would bet a fit man could not even run the fastest and stay
running that way until he gets to top but you know me I could even beat the flash.


(Jokes). Anyways I love where I live because it is on a tilt if you were reading the first paragraph if
you don’t know what I am talking about then RESTART THIS TEXT!


As my teacher says she does not like people who read the end of the story first and I agree!
(Even though I am one of them)


When I get lonely I just kick the ball where the car park is and the ball just rolls back to me because
everything is tilted duh?


I also love where I live because I have a big backyard well not big in wideness just in lengthiness, I can
kick the ball and it won’t go over the fence.

If it does go over the fence then we start to call you crooked toes and until you get the ball back well,
that's partly why I like where I live. Wait did just say I like? I LOVE IT.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Diego, it's Billy here from the Summer Learning Journey programme. Happy new year!

    I had a laugh reading your post. I especially liked the part about the tilt. It took me a while to understand what you were talking about and I DID have to go back to the start.

    I also find it annoying when people jump to the end of the text and figure out what happens before reading the story.

    My family also have a backyard that is large in terms of length.

    What sort of ball are you playing with?

    My brother and I used to play all sorts of games in our back yard. Our sports equipment was constantly flying over the neighbour's fence. Sometimes they would throw it back, other times it would disappear - never to be seen again! Things were constantly getting stuck in trees and bushes. We'd fetch the broom from inside the house to try and retrieve it. Or we'd chuck another ball at it in hope that it would dislodge the first ball, but more often than not, the second ball would get stuck too!

    Thanks. Billy.

    ReplyDelete