Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey week one day 4

DAY 2: Forest Life Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points] New Zealand has a really special environment
. Many of the plants and trees found in New Zealand are not found anywhere else in the world. These
plants and trees are endemic to our country. In New Zealand, one of the largest and longest living
endemic trees is the NZ Kauri tree. Kauri are mainly found in three regions of New Zealand: the
Coromandel, Auckland and Northland. The largest Kauri tree in the country is in the Waipoua Forest
in Northland. It is called Tāne Mahuta. Some people refer to it as the ‘Lord of the Forest.’ Thousands of
people go to visit Tāne Mahuta every year. Would you like to be one of those people who got to see
Tāne Mahuta in real life? Why or why not? On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit
Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.


I would like to visit Tāne Mahuta because of its rareness and popularity (Many of the plants and trees
found in New Zealand are not found anywhere else in the world).( Thousands of people go to visit Tāne
Mahuta every year).Another reason why I would like to visit Tāne Mahuta is that I think okay (THINK!)
When I was little I went there with my uncles family (My mums brother which means the uncle, aunty,
and cousins and lets don’t forget or do forget my Grandpa (Father of my mum, uncle, other uncles,
and aunty. Well the people that know me might think Mr. Tai? No, but my mum's side. Anyways
I remember me seeing the huge tree but the only reason I remembered huge tree is that when
I was in the car with me and my papa, (You know old people) forgot their ways around town so
that’s what happened and when he went to get gas I started crying and praying (Lol) but this was
when I was little so when I’m lost now I’m just like (Ok). Well, we don’t get lost because my mum
knows about every way around Ackland side to side left to right up and down all around. I think if
not then this might be lies! (Jokes) I just can remember me trying the hug the tree so that I could
touch my hands together around the tree and it was scary big like my imagination is full... Scariness l
ike what happens if it falls will it fall. One time we were at the pools I said to my dad its easy to kill
people just by posing the water my dad says make you have quite an imagination there Diego and
I have already visit Tāne Mahuta once and want to do it again.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diego!

    I liked reading this Tane Mahuta post! I know what you mean - sometimes I can't remember if I have been to significant places or not. When I was young I must have been to a lot of locations that I no longer remember. However - I can safely say that I definitely have been to Tane Mahuta. It's well worth the journey! I couldn't wrap my arms around, that's for sure.
    Have you been to any of the forests around Auckland? There are some great ones!

    I look forward to reading more from you, Diego!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete