Pages

Thursday 20 July 2017

Day #5: One Step at a Time…
After a long day at the beach, it is now time to move away from the water and drive inland, through the middle of the south island. You are going to start in Nelson and drive south before crossing a huge mountain range called the ‘Southern Alps.’ The scenery is going to be amazing!
Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png





I start walking then I  notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! I am  all alone in the middle of a strange forest…….
I am feeling scared because I am lost with now one with me in a strange forest. I am also scared to ask anyone to help me because I do not know that person and they might do something to me. I would be seeing wild animals and I would see trees that look like a shape of a monster. And I would see branches falling on the ground. I feel like i should look for the group and Curious kiwis but if I leave where I am right now then they might come and look for me where they last saw me and the time they last saw me was by the cool looking tree. My plan is when someone asks me, do you want to come with me. Then i will run away. Now one asks me because I was hiding and looking for the group and Curious kiwis. I am hiding from people that look like they were looking for kids to kidnap. I am feeling lonely because there is nobody to talk to and then they found me at the tree that I was looking at.



When our waka hit the shore people are welcoming us and introducing themselves. I am scared like a little mouse I am scared because I don’t know anyone. I am shy because they are surrounding the boat. They are  gazing at me like something is wrong with me.I don’t know anyone. I am scared because I don’t know where to sleep and I don’t want to sleep with a stranger. I am uncomfortable in the clothes that they wear because it is not covering my whole body.I would get hungry who would look after me when they don’t even know me.Once you get to know them then they will get to know you.





No comments:

Post a Comment